In property management
What we bring to the role of property management is in-depth knowledge, a wide range of skills and the utmost professionalism. Unlike many managing agents who are not regulated, we are members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA) and operate under their strict codes of practice.
ARMA is the leading trade association for residential leasehold management in England and Wales. ARMA members work to high professional standards and must be part of an independent ombudsman scheme. They agree to comply with the RICS ‘Service Charge Residential Management Code’ and to abide by ARMA’s rules of membership.
In January 2015 Scanlans Property Management achieved ARMA-Q accreditation. ARMA-Q is a self-regulatory regime for ARMA managing agents, and demonstrates our commitment to raising standards and offering the best customer service within the residential leasehold sector.
As part of ARMA-Q Scanlans Property Management commit to following the Consumer Charter:
- Be honest, fair, open and transparent and provide a timely and professional service with access to the information needed.
- Act with skill, care, diligence and without discrimination.
- Make sure that all staff are appropriately trained and knowledgeable.
- Have written terms of business.
- Provide a complaints handling procedure specifying the ombudsman scheme to which we subscribe.
- Comply with all relevant legal requirements and relevant codes of practice.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Maintain clear, accurate and up-to-date financial records.
- Ensure that any client money is held separately from the managing agent’s other monies.
- Hold appropriate professional indemnity insurance.
To find out more about how we are regulated, read the full Consumer Guide to ARMA-Q.
Scanlans Property Management is also regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the conduct of the Insurance Business.
Scanlans Property Management’s specialist skills in a range of disciplines have been recognized over the years by experts within the industry, including leaseholders, managing agents and freeholders.
Looking for things to do with the family in #Birmingham? Here are @timeoutbirm top 5 things to do.… https://t.co/LhbPS41yx6
If you're looking for somewhere to rent or buy, check out our partners @getapad. https://t.co/69Ff1UBEeU
Great work! 👍 https://t.co/4iwj10TIi5
We have talked in previous blogs about Scanlans Property Management ARMA-Q accreditation, and about ...Read More
People living in flats experience more fires than people living in houses. However, a fire in ...Read More
As we swiftly move through 2016, we have been inundated with rain, and as property managers we are w ...Read More